#BookTag - 10 Question's About Classic Books

Tagged by: Where There's Ink There's Paper



1) An overhyped classic you really don't like?

The Great Gatsby was honestly the most depressing book I've ever read. I was so shocked because I had such high expectations - majority of the people who have read it have either dubbed it their all-time-favourite novel or a close runner-up so I don't know why I disliked it so much. I found the characters so dull and odious.

2) Favourite time period to read about?

I can't choose just one, don't make me! I'm fascinated by Modern History, so 1910's-Cold War era, and I also adore period novels, so 18th-19th Century.

3) What is your favourite fairy-tale?

Definitely Beauty and the Beast. As well as the whole don't-judge-a-book-by-the-cover message, I would love to live in that library! Also I would like to think if I was a Disney princess, I would definitely be Belle.

4) What is the most embarrassed classic you haven't read yet?

I don't have a clue what this question is asking? Which classic am I most embarrassed about not reading yet? If that is it, then I am dying to read Emma by Jane Austen. As a self-confessed Austenite, I think it's just silly that I haven't read it yet but it's on my immediate TBR.

5) Top 5 classics you would like to read (soon)?

The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
Emma, Jane Austen
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Anne Bronte
Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Thomas Hardy
The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R Tolkien

6) Favourite modern book/series based on a classic?

I'm not a huge fan of adaptations - I'm a classic girl all the way. However, Longbourn by Jo Baker is an excellent novel. It's basically Pride and Prejudice but from the perspective of the maids and staff of Longbourn, I would 100% recommend.

7) Favourite movie version/tv series based on a classic?

The BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth is a dream.

8) Worst classic to movie adaptation?

I watched an AWFUL Wuthering Heights adaptation on Netflix about a month ago. I only lasted about 35 minutes, it was cringing me out.

9) Favourite edition(s) you would like to collect more classics from?

I WANT EVERYTHING. This is true, but on a serious (and realistic) note, I want to collect Boddington classics and Penguin clothbound classics.

10) What is an under-hyped classic you would recommend to everyone?

I think The Catcher in the Rye is a fascinating and intelligent novel that everyone needs to read. It gets a lot of criticism, but it's personally one of my favourite classics.





No comments